Monday, September 28, 2009

Mane TLC!

I went in to Fantastic Sams for my regular haircut a couple of weeks back. No fancy cuts or fashion but just the regular shampoo and trim. My hairdresser and I were chatting when she asked me if I wanted to get some salon brand products for my dry hair and scalp. I told her about the fact that I was still in the process of weaning my baby and that my dry scalp, asserted by my gynecologist, is due to the extended nursing. So I mentioned to her that I wasn’t interested in trying out any products when the problem was hormonal. She agreed and shared with me how she too had the problem of dry scalp and thinning hair because she too had breastfed her children. So we went on chatting until she finished her job.



At the checkout counter, she bent over and with a low voice shared with me a natural recipe for healthy, well-conditioned hair and scalp: a potion containing three ingredients – egg yolks, ripened avocados and a splash of lemon juice.


She told me to apply the potion on scalp and hair for two hours each time for at least two times a week to give the strands a boost of the much-needed protein. It made sense. I mean egg yolks are rich in protein and avocado…ahh what should I say about this super fruit!


Avocados were even recommended by my baby’s pediatrician as his first foods and suggested by my hubby’s doctor for managing the body’s good cholesterol level. With all that and more, I know it can do some good for my hair :)


We always have some avocado at home that we use in our sandwiches and salads. This time I did set aside some for my natural hair potion.



While writing this entry, I have already tried the potion once and really liked the effect! So today as I am writing this, I have the potion all spread over my hair :)



Now, if only vanity can always be as simple and natural as this!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails