Monday, November 24, 2008

Why sunny side up?

This blog is long overdue! Yes, my coming of age---into the world of blogging! The thought of managing one did cross my mind and dance in my head several times till now but ...okay no buts! It's now here and I hope to be diligent enough (or perhaps have enough free time!) to maintain this blog and keep it zesty at its best!

Sunny side up eggs...yummy! To me, it's the simplest comfort food...the white slightly crusty on the edges, a tiny pinch of salt and a generous dash of ground black pepper. Accompanied by a slice or two of lightly-buttered multigrain bread and a pleasantly warm cuppa coffee...mmm...perfeggtion! I remember having this for snack very often during my pregnancy (minus the shot of caffeine though, sigh). Yes, what a non-preggo person would normally have for lunch or dinner can be just a snack during pregnancy, especially in mid-2nd trimester! I am glad though that my son Havish, in utero then, got all the nutritional benefits of the sunny side ups I savored ;)

It’s hard not to remember that taste of comfort and how such simplicity used to gratify me, especially on a cloudy and cool fall’s day like today. Since unnecessary snacking for me these days are off limits (am in the quest of burning off all those unwanted calories piled up during my pregnancy), I shall keep myself full by blogging instead!

Hence, the title of this blog—it's like there’s a certain sunshiny feel and somewhat energy contained in the title sunny side up. Not to mention the visually pleasing image – a speck of golden yellow on a white backdrop! Not an 'egg-y' person? Here, let me help you...think sun-loving daisies with prettily arranged white petals and a slightly popped-out golden yellow underside...they sure do scream "cheers!", don't you think?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails